9.23.2012

a wichita sunday morning

Good mornin', y'all! Yep, you read right- I am in wichita, ks. I'm here for a work conference. We're staying in Old Town, a cool part of the city with cobblestone streets, quirky bars and good local eats all around. I'm looking forward to exploring more of it as we head back out on the town tonight after the awards dinner.

Last night our KS host, DP, and his lovely bride took us to a fabulous BBQ hole-in-the-wall called Bite Me BBQ. Kinda of dive-bar-y from the outside but dang, the food is literally finger lickin' fantastic! you could smell it before we even walked through the door. I think heaven will serve lots of BBQ.

i had the chopped brisket- good thing I was famished because I polished it all off. i think it is a crime in KS to leave BBQ on your plate! they also make some mean cooked carrots and homemade mashed potatoes in- get this- COUNTRY gravy! Yes, the white, creamy stuff! Not the brown gravy you get back home. Delish! Top that all off with a locally brewed beer and I was think that Wichita isn't so bad.

DP's better half had a friend who was performing at Bite Me BBQ too so we had some good guitar-playin' and singin' to go with our chow. At one point, our table of seven did our own acoustic version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody"! Lots of laughs and good times with some really good people.

I think I'm going to get up, get ready and head out for a little exploring. There has to be a coffee shop around here somewhere. A girl needs good latte to get her day started.


No comments:

Post a Comment